Thursday, August 19, 2010

THE WIND JOURNEYS


On the wings of a dream I am snatched up by my heart strings, and I plummet into the sky. Ignacio may only pretend to be, and the story tellers only pretend to tell the tale. I read the subtitles and pretend to grasp the meanings of his songs, and listen to his lyrics in Spanish that is also only a song to me.



The Wind Journeys” is a Columbian film made in 2009, and my favorite movie so far this year. It was written and directed by Ciro Gurrra, and spoken in Spanish,Palenquero, Wayuuniaki, and Ikun. After the sudden death of his wife Ignacio Carrillo (Marciano Martinez) decides to return his cursed accordian to his master. Ignacio is more of a closet Gandalf than a Frodo. Still, his Samwise is definately Furmin Morales (Yull Núñez), a teenage boy who admires Ignacio and wants to become a juglar like him. Ignacio`s journey is long with many dark turnings.
.........Aquavelveta.........

No comments:

Post a Comment