Tuesday, September 21, 2010

THE THIRST BLOOD WARS 2008

No, not the Polish MMORPG. Nah, this was much harder to find the skinny on. Written by Ramesh Thadani and directed by Tom Shell. Pinning down who was who was made challenging by way of no findable full cast list. Julien (Tony Todd) was head plum munching vampire. Dam , what`s up with a bunch of fruit eatin vampire witches? I`m sure I tried to watch this movie at least once before. I must`ve missed the beginning last time or I`d have bailed too soon to even recognize it this time. Our hero Nick Holmes (Jason Pierce) is a pacifist, hippie, college student turned reluctant Tia Che Dancin, vegetarian, vampire. We got a bunch-o fruit eatin vampire witches and Darren (Cameron Zeidler) roid raging redneck fraternity warlock (he was hiding his face in the only cast list I could find). Ok, I admit I didn`t last thirty minutes on my first attempt at viewing this ham-handed, college vampire, "classic." But the not so vague similarities to "Cirque Du Freak" tweaked my imagination enough for me to give it another chance.


Seems to me like sombody took a copy of this scipt ard sat down with a red pencil and a type writter and went, love it, lose it, love it, lose it, uh huh. Now all it needs is Dewey Cox, a bigger budget, spiders, a freak show, and an ending. Voila "Cirque Du Freak!"



No comments:

Post a Comment